This project seemed to grow on its own. What started out as a few squares sewn together turned into a monster-sized bedspread.
It’s taken me years to finish this. I started it in 2016, returned to it during the covid lockdown, and finally finished it in 2021.
This was a labour of love and took me a long time to complete. I would admit though that I had a lot of old clothes and made a very long string of bunting. My sewing machine was very busy!
The trickiest part of this was filling it with old clothes and blankets, then hand stitching it closed.
Thailand is awesome for fabrics so I made lots of little bags and filled them with lavender bought in Malaga.
I could have done with a bigger desk but it all worked out. Not bad for a first attempt!